super lawn trucks reviews?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Mar 4, 2012.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm impressed with both my new one and this "new" used one. That being said the single ramp "eco" model is the way to go if your mowing and doing lots of stops. The split ramp is much slower, that said itll work for us since it's going with the construction crew.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The main reason for the split is to reduce weight and the related concerns. Got assist?

3. BrandonV

They're both hydro... no lifting just lever pulling:weightlifter:

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Then no reason for the split. Simply a weight issue

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

No his newer truck has the fancy smancy dovetail built into the box. The reason the other is two-piece is that the box is higher off the ground. I think slt sells that hydro gate for about 7k. Pretty cool, but i'll keep 5k and put a dovetail on one.

I have had an slt with a two piece hydro ramp, and it is sloooooow. Dovetail is 3 times as fast and 3 times cheaper.

6. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Dove tail is the only way to go. Supreme stil uses split ramps on their vanscaper designs because of weight.

7. muddywater

8. BrandonV

I dont trust those two piece manual ramps especially with heavier items like my ditch withces or kubota.

9. muddywater

When I had my SLT with a 2-piece it handled my 2000lb dingo fine. It seemed very sturdy to me. In fact one of my buddies used the 2 piece ramp to lift the entire back end up to change a flat tire on the isuzu. I think they are much sturdier than a dovetail and we load our sk650s on a dovetail all the time.

Why do you like the side door on the box? What do yall typically use it for? Do you need to access inside without using the back door?

10. muddywater

Trying to keep up with Brandon. Just bought this 06 isuzu diesel with 79k for $8200. Need to find a box and put a dovetail on it. Might even lengthen the frame and put a side dump on it.

[​IMG]