Super Lawn type trucks...where to put debris?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zfrog, Apr 7, 2003.

1. zfrog

zfrog Banned

If anyone has a Super Lawn truck or a box truck, where do you put all of the debris to be dumped? Bagging is not an option for spring and fall clean-ups, tree rmoval, shrub removal, etc. Also, that ramp looks like it takes a while to put up and down and it looks as though you'd have a tough time finding a spot to park in suburbias with that long of a ramp on a big truck. ANy thoughts or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use a 1975 Chevy C50, 2 ton grain truck with dump bed. I take to a wood recycling center here that charges $10 a ton. The great thing about it is that it's only about 5 miles from my house.

MATT

3. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I only mulch, or side discharge, so I don't have clippings to get rid of. When I di spring clean-ups, I have to use trash bags to contain the leaves, and debris. I have Handy Ramps on my truck, instead of the hydraulic ramps. I'd never go back to a truck, and trailer again! My truck is a rolling workshop on wheels. At thhe end of the day, I never need to unload like I used to. All the tools I ever need, are always right there. If I need a restroom break in the middle of the day, I can take a pop bottle into the back of the the truck, put the door down, and let it fly. The truck has a tighter turning radius than a Ford Mustang, and can haul 7000# of freight. The other day, when it was raining outside, I was changing blades in the box, where it was nice, and dry. Like I said. I'll never go back to a truck, and trailer.

Vic

Vic

4. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I just picked up my version of the super lawn truck last week. Nissan UD 16' body with a dovetail. I would have a Dovetail installed any day over the Hydro gate. Faster to use, less maintenance.
    As far as debris...I'm not going to be taking them away. Leave it on the property. Branches and stuff like that can always be carted away on the back of the dove tail.

ud11.jpg

5. nlminc

from GA

better pic of the dove tail

ud22.jpg

6. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

hey i want one of those 2.lol how much does one of those bad boys cost ,and i guess there wont be no removal of grass with this set-up.very nice definately .

7. nlminc

from GA

They cost over 30k new. I picked up this one used with only 119000 miles on it. This truck has the 6 cyl. diesel that is rated for 400-500k miles. There was one on the lot having gen. maintenance done to it that had 426000 miles on it! I bought mine for 11k.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We need to find a dovetail/dump combo....:p :p

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I have an older one, it's a 93 and has 220K on it. Still runs like a top. :cool:

[​IMG]

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

There is such an animal, but not in an enclosed, only an open style.