Super Mini 52 - No Spark

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ctd3500, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ctd3500

ctd3500 LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 Hustler super mini 52 inch deck, 24 horse Honda. There is no spark. Last year (right at the end of the warranty) it began intermitently, now it is just dead. Does not appear to be any saftey device cutting the spark. Any one else run into this trouble? I need it to pick up leaves with the bac-vac. Started at 70 hours, now at 90 hours.:hammerhead:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It turns over but has no spark?
    Electrical issues are hard to diagnose with out the unit being in front of you.
    Have you spoken to your dealer?

3. homemower

homemower LawnSite Member
    from Ray,Mi

I have a few Honda's and recently one did just what you are discribing. First ck. the oil level, if full next check the low oil shut down sensor unplug the ground {i.e. green wire} and try and start. If that's it replace it.

4. ctd3500

ctd3500 LawnSite Member

I have disconnected the oil pressure wire, this does not seem to be the problem. I have also disconnected the kill wire with no result. The saftey devices seem to work. Does any of them kill spark? It turns over fine.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you have disconnected them and there is still no spark then you need to start looking at the engine ignition system.
    I would be talking with the dealer and setting up a service appointment if you are at this point.