Super Mini Z 25/52 Yeah Baby!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jjhu00, Jul 27, 2006.

1. jjhu00

jjhu00 LawnSite Member

OK, I have been looking for awhile now (6 Months) for a bigger stronger mower than my 18/52 Fastrak to mow 2 acres finish and 6 acres rough(tall weeds, rough ground use to be a farm) and my dealer Elite Lift Truck in Ramsey MN recommended the Super Mini Z 25/52 even though I had my heart set on a 30/60 Super Z or even a 28/60:) . But, after demoing the 25/52 Mini Z and 25/60 Super Z, I was surprised how much power the Mini Z had with just a 25HP Kawasaki (also the cost difference) I understand the weight differences, pumps, frame construction, etc. and it wasn't a 30/60 or 28/60 Super Z (didn't have either in stock to demo) so, maybe not a fair comparison. But, according to my dealer most commercial guys around here really like using the 19/52 and 25/52 Mini Z to mow ditches along the highway and large acreage with tall weeds (smaller mower and deck for maneuverability and less clogging on smaller deck:confused: ) so, this should work well for my application. With all this I willfully gave my dealer $6880 for a Super Mini Z 25/52, is this a good price?

When will Hustler come out with the rubber chute and flex forks for the Mini Z?

I think this forum rocks with all the information I gathered on here to make my purchasing decision on another HUSTLER! Thanks to all the members and PJ for making this forum informational and fun!

By the way, how did the HUSTLER name came about? PJ
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You got a good price, that unit has a MSRP of $9,199.00
    As far as rubber chute, I don't think we are going to be putting it on the Mini 44 and 52 inch decks, I will double check that.
    Flex Forks are available right now for your Super Mini, they are in tight supply, but are available.
    Mini Z / Super Mini Z (including the 36/42) Flex Forks part # 600213 MSRP $199.00
    No problem on being here on the forum, I enjoy it and as long as I can help someone, it is worth it.
    The Hustler name came from the plane of the same name.
    You can read about how we came to use that name here >
  3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga