super mini z or toro PRO 74416

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gilatplc, Aug 3, 2006.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

So I'm going to be buying a new mower and would like to ask you hustler owners on some feedback on the super mini Z and what can I expect to pay for one?

both mower's that I'm looking at are going to be in the configuration;
    52" deck
    toro's turbo force deck
    ??? don't know what deck is used on the super mini z
    52" deck
    both with the biggies HP I can get
    Thanks Gil

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are not comparing equal units, the Super Mini Z is in a class of its own, there is no other mini framed series mower out there that uses the larger pumps and wheel motors, hydro coolers and fan that the SMZ uses or that has a 13mph ground speed.
    Price wise, the Hustler Mini Z would be similar or less money than the Toro.
    The 52" deck on the SMZ has been out for many years, and is a proven deck.
    Take a look at the machines, compare the build and the components and then ride them and cut with them, you wont find a a smoother drive system on any mower in my opinion.
    Both mowers are good mowers and made by good companies, compare dealers and go from there.....
    Demo demo demo.......

Pj

3. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

Thanks,
    The reason why I asked was because there in no dealer close to me.
    I kinda realize I am not comparing equals but your opinion is really what I was looking for (as a Representative of hustler).
    Thanks I think you have convinced me to make to 45 minute drive to a dealer and demo one of these mowing machines

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Its worth the drive to check it out.
    E-mail me your details and I will see if I can get one to a dealer closer to you.

Pj