Super mini z wheel size

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tstrong, Sep 17, 2004.

1. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

P.J. Can a person bolt 23" tires and wheels on a super mini z that came with 20" tires ? Also how much would 23" tires and wheels cost ?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They will not work.
    There is not enough clearance, we redesigned the frame when we went to the 23" tires.

Pj

3. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Bringing up an old question here but could you use the same rims and maybe some 22" tires for the old 20". Would there be enough clearance and where could I get some? Carlisle had them listed but when my dealer called to order them there was no part number or record of having these. I am looking for any alternative to this problem. It is my only concern with this machine and I'm not looking to upgrade for a couple of years. I think the machine would ride a lot better and the deck could be re-pitched. I don't want to go to an agr tire for fear of turf tear. If anyone can help or has tires that would work I would be forever grateful.

Thanks again, Cutter LLC

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not sure, I have never heard of anyone trying a 22" tire.

Pj

5. Cutter LLC

from Indiana

Well like I said my dealer could not get them but just for heck of it we tried the 23" tires. And They Worked!!!! Now we just need to pitch the deck as well as maybe put a couple washers under the front of the seat to balance the seat. Seemed to ride a little better but I definitely noticed a difference in speed (up to 15 now I think). If we can pitch the deck correctly I think all my issues will be covered. Give it a try. I'll try and post pics after I get my machine back Sat. I also needed to replace a spindle as well as the rear "hood" or spoiler as I call it was cracking across the back (operator error, I hit something) due to vibration the cracks were starting to get closer together. Zach at Mower Zone and Hustler has really taken care of me. I'll post if I have problems with the deck.

Thanks Again,
    Cutter LLC

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!
    I know Zach will take care of you, say Hi to him for me.

Pj

7. Cutter LLC

from Indiana

Just wanted to update everyone on the mod I did.(with the help of my dealer of coarse) I put on 15 x 6" tires on the front and the 12" rims and 23" tires on the rear. Rear deck had to be lowered 1/2" to accomidate for pitch. Ride is improved, speed is up to 15mph, and it looks a lot better. There is very little clearance for the tires and you must be carefull not to tear turf with the front tires. Overall I would suggest this mod to anybody with the 20" rears.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=113452 Here is the link to the pics after the mod

Thanks
    Cutter LLC

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Is there a 24" tire that will fit on a 23" tire'd Super mini?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Not that I am aware of, the 24" tires would be to wide on the stock rims, and would rub the frame.

Pj