1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turf Dancer, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

How fast can a guy actually cut and bag with the Super Mini Z
    Say for example with 2.5" growth, grass type Blend of Blue Grass Rye and Fescue . I would prefer not having a guess either ! I have asked this question to mower salemen and they tell me
    "Oh 8 to 9 mph easy" Well I want to know for real ! This will help me in my decision as to what machines to be serious about !
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

8 mph would be a realistic speed.
    There are many factors that come into this, how tall, how lush, how much moisture ? level ground ?
    The best I can tell you would be 8 mph. I would suggest getting a demo and finding out for your self on your properties in a variety of conditions.

Hope this helps
  3. Artman

Artman LawnSite Member

The blower on the Zs and Mini Zs is made to handle the capacity from a 72-inch deck. This means that a 44 or 52-inch deck should give awesome performance and the possibility (depending upon conditions) of faster mowing/catching speeds.