Super Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Soupy, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Does the Super Mini hold hills comparable to the mid sized Z? Will the hitch kit fit on the super Mini?

I'm still thinking about just getting another mid sized Z. The only two things I like about the super Mini over the Z is the bigger pumps and the suspension seat. But then I lost width (hill stability) and the 5" deck. I think I can live with the smaller pumps. How much extra is the suspension seat? I didn't see the 52" with a suspension seat as an option.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You will find the Mini Z and Super Mini Z to hold hills as well as the Hustler Z and Super Z, with the only difference being extremely wet and or rutted areas on the slope, then the extra width of the full frame units comes into play.
    The hitch we offer fits all our commercial products, so the hitch you have now will bolt onto the Mini series.
    We do not produce a 52" full frame Hustler Z unit with a suspension seat, your dealer can remove the stock seat and install the suspension seat; you will have to talk to him about the price, as I am not sure how he will handle it.

Pj

3. Soupy

Pj, I have got a price for the 27/52 Hustler Z with suspension seat that I like.

What advantage besides the pumps/cooling does the Super Mini have over the Z? I don't need anymore speed then the Hustler Z provides.

I think I have made up my mind to go with the Hustler Z 27/52 with suspension seat. But I would like to hear benefits of the Super Mini that I might be over looking.

I do like the fact that it is a lot lighter then the Z. That might help with rutting. I'm just leery about the hill holding and the 4" deck. I heard you guys might be working on a new deck? Do you know if they are trying to get a 5" to fit?

Thanks for all your help Pj. You are one of the reason I decided to go with another Hustler over a slightly cheaper prised Exmark HP. You helped me out when I first purchased my current Z and I have not forgotten that.

4. Soupy

Pj, is the 52" Z and the 52" super Z the same size etc. Besides the Hydro's and seat. What is different about them?

Thanks,
    Soupy

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

When you buy a Super Z, whether it is a Mini or full size Super Z, you get the following "upgrades"....
    Larger pumps, 21cc on the full frame and 16cc on the Mini frame.
    Larger wheel motors White CE18's on the full frame units, I believe the Mini has the same wheel motor as the Super Mini (White CE12's).
    Faster ground speed, 15 mph on the full frame Super Z and 13 mph on the Super Mini Z.
    Hydro coolers (2, 1 for each pump and motor combo) and a cooling fan to force cool air through the coolers)
    And of course the suspension seat is standard on the Super's.
    And dont forget the cool looking "sport wing"......
    All of this adds up to more productivity for you.

Hope this helps
    Pj

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are the same size.
    The Super is about 10 pounds heavier when comparing them.
    See post above to see whats different about them.

Pj

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The main advantage is a better hydro system, it cools better, it will handle slopes and towing better and most of all the added production of the Super, it will make you more productive.

As for any deck changes..... read the last post in this thread, that is all I can say for now.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=89843

I am here to help anyone that needs it, I am glad I was able to help you through the problems you had with the used mower you bought, and I will be here in the future for any questions anyone may have.
    I cant say this enough, we @ Hustler appreciate every single customer that purchases our product, and we will do what it takes to make sure you are 110% satisfied with your purchase.

Pj

8. partsmore

partsmore LawnSite Member

Between the Z and Super Z:
    Isnt the Super Z 6" wider?
    The pump and motors are larger displacement?

other than that the engines, deck, and everything else is the same?

Are there changes in the '05 Models?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Width is the same, the 60" units are 62" wide with the chute up and have a 53" wheel base.
    Pumps and wheel motors are larger, and the hydraulic system also has a hydro cooler for added cooling.
    And of course the Super Z's are faster units (15mph)
    The Super Z's also offer some larger engine options in some models.

Hope this helps
    Pj