1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Recycler vs. Recycler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Live4Mowin', Jul 23, 2003.

1. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

How much of a difference is there between the Toro Super Recyclers and the Toro Recyclers? :confused:
  2. One is "SUPER" and the other is just............................;)
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, LOL :D :D :D

Some years ago, I bought the toro recycler mower and used it on some jobs that I needed a 21 inch to do.
    I did not like the way it worked at all. Wouldn't pick all the leaves when bagging. And some other problems, so I took it back and checked into the super recycler. Now this is more like it. Gets all the leaves when bagging, it mulches great. The mower is more better built. Better deck, I believe it is deeper too, heavier bag, and everything is much more heavy duty, It mulches great too. When trimming bushes, I have found that I can blow the clippings out into the lawn and pick up with it and it gets all of them and also mulches up good.
    Go to where they have them for sale and look at the specs for each of them. You will see the super recycler is the way to go. It does cost more, but in my opinion it is worth it. :D

I have tried to phase out the use of the 21 inch, but on some jobs I still have to use it. It is about five years old and works great.
  4. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

A lot:

1. Cast (Super) vs. steel deck (recycler) -Cast deck will never rust, bend, or allow wheel mounting bolts to "wallow" out

2. B/S eng (cast) vs. Tec. eng (steel)

3. Beefer tranny in the cast - with greaseable drive points on the rear wheels

4. longer warranty on the cast (5 year) vs. steel (2 year)

5. Wear plates available for the cast deck - not on the steel

The Super recycler is top of the line where the recycler is whats known as a "price pointer"

Hope this helps
  5. Live4Mowin'

thanks guys
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

they both stink
  7. What do they smell like?

They can't be that bad can they??
  8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

hey, like i said b4, and will always say, my first "real" mower was a toro, i bought it brand new, and it was a a piece of trash from day one. and the dealer and company wouldnt back thier product. until i get a new one, i will bash thier product.
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 10 year old Toro Super Recycler that I've had since day one. My dad bought it when I was a little tot to mow our place. When I was 13 I started using it to mow other properties. I still have it and after 4 years of commercial beatings, it still starts on the first pull. It mulches good, but my TTHP is better :D Plus, I don't have to walk behind the TTHP :laugh:
  10. Live4Mowin'

Bobby what brand of 21" do you have?