Super ruts Why would anyone do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Haggerty, Jun 17, 2003.

1. In front of the new Wal-Mart Super Center are two out lots available for lease.
    Yesterday a man on a 4WD tractor "mowed" them with a bush hog. I know it was 4WD because he had all 4 spinning at once.
    These weren't lawns. Just vacant lots that had been graded and seeded. But they didn't deserve this.
    I can't imagine why anyone would be motivated to do this much damage. My son and I just stared in disbelief! We didn't approach the operator. But I did e-mail this question and picture to the real estate company.
    If they send a reply we can pick a winner for this question.
    Otherwise we may all be forever baffled.
    Does anyone have a clue?

wal-mart outlot ruts.jpg
  2. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't rule out the real estate company for being at fault. I've had ones before who want it cut the same day every week without exception. This may be another case of "I told you so" by one LCO to a customer.....
  3. Advanced Lawncare

Advanced Lawncare LawnSite Member

I would not do that much damage regardless, even if manager wanted it "done today" they would have to fire me. Think of how big of a pain that is going to be when it dries.:confused:
  4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's just HORRIBLE. :mad:

Why would anyone be that moronic and ruin a whole lawn?

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

its not a lawn, its a field, zoned as commercial. when anything get's built there they're going to bulldoze the bajeezuz out of it anyways. I don't see what the big stink is about.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I Don't think You can even See it from the Road. No Big deal.
  7. I've done worse.

The place was getting fined for tall grass and it had to be done "NOW"!
  8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I say plant some corn there, it's already tilled and rowed.
  9. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't belive you actually did it.

Maybe like LGF said, it had to be done, why contac the real state company? just to see if you get the job instead?.
  10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the man didnt give a dam, one way or then other. this buisness is loaded with these, now days.hate to be negative but its true.about the worst ive seen tho.