Super Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Catos, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

What is the average cost of an 16' or 18' Super Truck. I was in the market for buying a new truck and wondering what the prices some of you paid for one. Thanks.

2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know but make sure that you get it built on an American truck chassis. The Isuzu NPR's are junk. Trust me they are.

3. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

DIESEL!!!
    I just happen to use a Dodge for my work truck.
    I installed a Banks Power Pack in it and it does nicely OTR!

4. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

Check out the website of SLT (Super Lawn Truck) www.superlawntrucks.com Tony Bass has done some great things with Trucks.

5. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

Awesome Rigs!
    Thank you for that post.
    I'm a part-timer but have thought alot about an enclosed rig.

6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Isuzu NPRs are not junk. They are an excellent chassis for stop and go city driving. I sure there are many other guys who are actually old enough to legally own a truck who will agree.

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

n1alx- You are ignorant when it comes to trucks. Do not comment on stuff you don't know. I am tired of reading your bs, and i think many other people are.

matt

8. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on the above 2 posts! I've already been around this issue with the "child" and he's not a fast learner. People come here for help and answers from experienced others in the landscaping field, not for misinformation from someone who still watches Spongebob Squarepants.

Mike

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i looked at the SL trucks last year and they r great
    however the cost was high and i felt it was more than i wanted to spend on 1 truck
    there r other companies that make van bodies with beaver tails that will do almost the same thing cheaper u have to lift the gate
    oh well
    if u can afford it the SL truck is a sweet ride

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Your better off going to your local UD, ISUZU ETC. dealer and ordering a truck with the van scaper body. That is a dove tail body with a metal ramp.

Matt