1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

super unleaded anyone???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Oct 31, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: we use super unleaded in our 2 cycle, and we mix it with no smoke stroke from j.thomas, its worked very well for 5 years now. we usually use about 15 gallons of 2 stroke a day and have'nt had any engine problems to date, "i did it now the jinx is on". but i was just curious if you guys use it as well, rock on, tony.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I use Super in all my equipment. Thank God my V-10 F-250 takes regular though.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: greener pastures, that v-10 must be a gas guzzling pig, damn, my v-8 f-250 is a hugh guzzler, good luck T

4. Perfect Stripes

Perfect Stripes LawnSite Member

I use super in my mix, and regular(87) in the mowers. Done it for 8 yrs and no problems.

5. I've always used regular unleaded at 87 octane and 2 stoke oil from Phillipp's 66. No maintenance trouble here. I de-carbon 2 strokes once a year in fall but find very little build up.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use regular unleaded in everything.

MATT

7. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I use 87 in all equipment.

I was watching a local news channel on day. They had a lawn expert on discussing this topic. He said as the temps increase in the summer. You want to use 93 octane in 2 cycle engine mixtures.

I only use Tanaka oil, or I don't use nothing....

Seriously I have used several mixing oils. I found Tanaka mixes the best and No SMOKE!!!!

8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 87 octane in all equipment even 2-stroke and as far as the oil I use I found the cheapest stuff I could find which was this gallon of oil my local hardware store has I cant remember the name but I have been using it for the last 6 years with never a engine problem...still using most of the same equipment to....just pays to show you that you dont have to spend a quagillian dollars of gas and oils....most of it is a myth to make $$$$

9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always used 87 Octane in all my equipment and vehicles (except an older Chevelle I had that was 10.5-1 compression) she liked at least 93 Octane or she knocked.

I use Stihl 2 cycle mix because it is not really expensive and it comes from the factory with fuel stabilzer already added.

Jim

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Super in the truck.. mower and 2 cycle get 89. Nobody else uses the middle grade?