super unleaded anyone???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Oct 31, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: we use super unleaded in our 2 cycle, and we mix it with no smoke stroke from j.thomas, its worked very well for 5 years now. we usually use about 15 gallons of 2 stroke a day and have'nt had any engine problems to date, "i did it now the jinx is on". but i was just curious if you guys use it as well, rock on, tony.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I use Super in all my equipment. Thank God my V-10 F-250 takes regular though.

3. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: greener pastures, that v-10 must be a gas guzzling pig, damn, my v-8 f-250 is a hugh guzzler, good luck T

4. Perfect Stripes

Perfect Stripes LawnSite Member

I use super in my mix, and regular(87) in the mowers. Done it for 8 yrs and no problems.

5. I've always used regular unleaded at 87 octane and 2 stoke oil from Phillipp's 66. No maintenance trouble here. I de-carbon 2 strokes once a year in fall but find very little build up.

6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use regular unleaded in everything.

MATT

7. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I use 87 in all equipment.

I was watching a local news channel on day. They had a lawn expert on discussing this topic. He said as the temps increase in the summer. You want to use 93 octane in 2 cycle engine mixtures.

I only use Tanaka oil, or I don't use nothing....

Seriously I have used several mixing oils. I found Tanaka mixes the best and No SMOKE!!!!

8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 87 octane in all equipment even 2-stroke and as far as the oil I use I found the cheapest stuff I could find which was this gallon of oil my local hardware store has I cant remember the name but I have been using it for the last 6 years with never a engine problem...still using most of the same equipment to....just pays to show you that you dont have to spend a quagillian dollars of gas and oils....most of it is a myth to make $$$$

9. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always used 87 Octane in all my equipment and vehicles (except an older Chevelle I had that was 10.5-1 compression) she liked at least 93 Octane or she knocked.

I use Stihl 2 cycle mix because it is not really expensive and it comes from the factory with fuel stabilzer already added.

Jim

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Super in the truck.. mower and 2 cycle get 89. Nobody else uses the middle grade?