Super Walk-Behind Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by WINGNUT, May 9, 2005.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Any reason an Oregon 94-043 wouldn't work?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GrassGuerilla

Brian, my hustler dealer tells me the mulching blade is "a bad part number". He came up with 797712 (which appears to be a straight blade to me).
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

My bad, 779348 should have read 770348. I checked that and it's no longer available.
    so your choice is the 770339, or high lift 773499.

Brian O

4. GrassGuerilla

Well that's a kick in the pants. At 500 hours, no mulching blades make this an 800 lb paper weight.

Spindle mod to accept "normal" blades? Generic aftermarket "close enough" blades? Can't imagine that I'm the only one left running these. Can't bag much without mulchers, bag fills up too quick. Standard lift straight blades pretty much suck on this mower.

I realize this isn't a brand new machine, but it isn't exactly a dinosaur. Little early to be obsolete on parts like mufflers and blades.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

You need 19" blades on it, I'm sure an aftermarket blade company has a blade that would work just fine. I just don't know their numbers and codes. That Oregon blade may work, I don't know. Is it 19" does it have the same size bolt hole, how wide is it? Ask your dealer or some-one who uses those blades. There's a place for aftermarket stuff, I just not up to speed on it.

Brian O

Brian O

6. sbrickhouse89

sbrickhouse89 LawnSite Member

You may already know about this, but wanted to make sure you knew. The older hustler units used to have a short spindle shaft and used the wide blades with a wave to it to bring it down lower to cutting height. They later changed the spindle shaft to a longer shaft and started using straight blades (Gator, mulch, lift, etc.) If this is the issue you are running into then Hustler makes a blade spacer kit part #352542 or you can buy the new style spindle shafts. Once this modification is done, then you can run any style of flat blades that they use currently. The spindles that I am referring to are the old steel housing ones. If you have aluminum housings then disregard this post.