Super walk behind low power hydro?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Outdoor_Maintenance_2010, May 27, 2012.

1. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

Outdoor_Maintenance_2010 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi

Yesterday ive change my hydro oil in my super walk behind
    it said 10w40 motor oil,so i've emptied the reservoir and and filled back with 10w40 castrol gtx motor oil,filled up to an inch front the top started it back up
    and let the system bleed itself, well right now the mower is moving but as very low power,it can't even go up the ramp from my trailer, any reason for this?
    kind of new at this

thanks

Model #925669
    Serial #040...57

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like you still have air in the system.
    That or your release valves are turned out, turn them back in and snug them up with a wrench very lightly.

Pj

3. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

I forgot to put oil in the oil filter before putting it in,so that's probably why there's oil in the system,How would i remove the air in the system?

And btw where could i get mulching blades for my mower??

thanks

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

That would cause it.
    You just need to keep running the hydro's while you have the unit jacked up off the ground, no easy way to do it.
    We no longer offer the Gator Mulching blades for your mower, you may be able to find them aftermarket, they were Hustler part # 779330.

Pj

5. Outdoor_Maintenance_2010

hydros work fine now, it seems each time i used it, hydro's were getting better and better

that sucks about the blades,anyway of mowing by measurements which one could fit?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a stepped blade with a small blade bolt hole, it is hard to find a Gator, I never have and I don't know of anyone who has found one.

Pj