1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Walk Behind or Hydro Walk Behind?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ted5487, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ted5487

ted5487 LawnSite Member

Trying to decide between the Super Walk Behind 54 inch or the Hydro Walk Behind 54 inch. Is the Super worth the extra $500? Any pros/cons of either. I currently own a Hydro Walk behind 37 inch so I am familiar with Hustler. I would not be using a grass catcher. It seems as though the Super is has more power than I may ever need, but maybe that is a good thing. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you can afford the extra $'s, it is worth every bit of it.
    I have never had anyone complain that they have to much hp.
    Larger tires = smoother ride and the HD remote air filter is a big plus also.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the super 48" and love it I looked at the "standard 17hp ones but waited for the super. I like having enough power for anything. I use a sulky 90% of the time and bag about 50%. I run double blades always. The larger tires and wider stance of the super gives it great stability and smooth ride. I think it is well worth the extra $ for the super. With the super and a sulky you have a WB that can do anything a similar size rider can do and more.