Super Z 20mph

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jutoyz, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jutoyz

jutoyz LawnSite Member

Just read an article in the local paper about the Richard Petty edition Super Z set to start its cross country "Mow For Victory Tour" this Sunday.
    Beyond a custom Richard Petty paint job, it comes equipped with communications equipment and a series of engine enhancements enabling it to run up to 20 mph. That has got to be a wild ride.
    PJ, Please fill us in with more details and keep us informed as to how the trip is going.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They just had the send off party @ the factory yesterday, and the tour starts this weekend @ California Speedway @ the Nascar race.
    The mower we are using is highly modified for the cross country trip.
    Go to this website for details.
    www.mowforvictorytour.com
    I will be posting more info tonight, look for a new thread.

Pj

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I was wondering what kind of engine does the petty super z have on it and what kind of modifications does it have?

It says on the website that Hustler is going to auction the mower off on ebay when the tour is complete but it says in Turf magazine that you can enter to win the Petty super z. Please clarify this.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are a couple Petty units we are using, for promotion purposes and for the tour.
    I believe they have Kohler 28hp EFI's.
    We are giving one away on a promotion in relation to a spring flyer that dealers will have and will be sending out, check your dealer for flyers, they should be arriving soon, all the details are in the flyer.
    We are auctioning another unit off after the end of the tour on eBay, with all proceeds going to the camp.

Pj

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

That is one ugly mower! but I would love to know more on what modifications were done to the machine.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will see if I can get some info from our engineers, I did see it, and it has a lot of goodies on it that the std Super Z does not have.

7. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Since we have no "dealer" in Shreveport now could you please let me know how to enter this give-a-way for the mower? That thing looks purty kewel!!

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cajun,
    did you get a e-mail from Vance the other day? if so reply to him and he will take care of getting you some entry forms so you can get entered in the drawing.

Pj