Super Z 27 L/C or 28 EFI

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jozgators, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I have been delibrating between these two engines, I was leaning towards the L/C. But I spoke to a sells man today who said that he would purchase the 28EFT. Because the L/C has problems from the gear box to the shaft. He even has a L/C he uses at home and would recommend the 28EFI. He has had to replace the gear box in a couple of mowers. This dealership sells other mowers, but there main more that they push is hustler. Thanks for any input

2. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

Hustler had problems with the gear box when the first came out. We have not had had any more problems after June. I believe the manufacture fix the seal problem that we were all having. The seal would move or leak than causing gear box failure.
    Power wise you will see very little different. I like Kawasaki engines so I lean that way. The big advantage is gas usage. The FI uses anywhere from 20% to 30% less fuel. So that is something to consider.
    You will be happy with either one. Use your gut instincts!!! :cool2:

3. Jozgators

TheServicingdealer thanks for the input, with your knowledge and a little research. I bought the Super Z with Kohler 28 EFI today, very excited about getting it. Hopefully it will be in next week. Thanks again

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower! and welcome to the family!
    Let us know how much you like it and get us some pics!

Pj

5. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

Way to go!! You will not be disappointed!!Tell all your friends about it! :cool2:

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new mower, you will love that 28efi, I have one and love it.

7. Jozgators

Thanks all, I am very excited like being a little kid and getting a new bike. Can't wait until it arrives. Will post pictures. PJ I sent you an email if you haven't recieved it just tell me. Last time I sent you an email it was sent to your spam mail. My decision was easy knowing hustler stands behind there products and there customer service is awesome.