1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

super z 28,26 or 30 horse

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by str400ex, Feb 27, 2007.

1. str400ex

str400ex LawnSite Member

I am thinking of getting a super z my dealer knows nothing about the efi which was the way I was leaning does anyone know if the 30 has been fixed or if the 26kaw is going to be enough in the spring when the grass starts to really pop I have several accounts that are mowed biweekly thanks for the replys Shawn
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've had a 60" SuperZ with the Kawasaki 26hp liquid-cooled for two years and 650 hours. I like this engine so much, I ordered a 66" SuperZ with the same motor yesterday. Power has never been a problem.:)

Not a Kohler fan at all but I'm sure others will chime in.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If you live in hill country and cut northern grasses or mow bi-weekly none of them have enough power. Or maybe just enough to get by with the 28. From what I've read and my own test it takes a lot more power in Northern grasses and it will be weak on hills no matter which engine you buy. The 28 will be your best bet though. Why take a chance on a 30? Some say they are fixed and others say the fix did nothing and they have no more power than the 27 according to some on this board. I'm sure I'll hear different opinions but the Super is geared (wrong term) too high for hills and attachments. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you str400ex, you better test drive this Spring to see for your self. As the dealer told me a regular Z will pass a Super Z on a hill.