Super Z 60" Blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by markindetroit, Sep 27, 2007.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

If i'm not mistaken, xr7 blades are flat... 2.5in to 3.0in wide, w/a 5/8 in hole, up to.25(1/4in) thick....BUT are only 20.5 inchs long. Older Deck blades have a contour(drop) w/a 5/8in hole, up to .25in(1/4in) thick, 2.5in to 3.0in wide BUT are 20 61/64th(right at 21in) long. Drop down Spacers allow you to use a flat blade with the older deck....BUT once again these blades need to be 20 61/64th long(or right at 21inches) I'm assuming 21in inch blades will clear & not pose a problem Since others have posted using scag(21inch) blades on the older decks. Somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Blades.
    The ones mentioned above wont work on your deck with out hitting each other.

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The blades that came on your mower stock, the Fusions.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The blades mentioned above will be too long for the XR-7 deck, they will not work.
    The best bagging blades would be the stock blades, that is if your using our rear catcher with a blower.

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I cant speak for using anything but Hustler blades, so your on your own there....
    But we at one time used a offset blade on our Hustler Z's and Super Z's these were pre XR-7 decks and pre 2005 decks, the 2005 decks went to a flat blade but it still was the longer blade, not the shorter like the XR-7.
    That is the reason for the spacer, when a end user or dealer converted a offset blade unit to a flat blade unit a spacer had to be installed to run the flat blade in the same plane that the offset blade had run in previously.

6. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Crossreferencing blade #s on the J-thomas websight...there are a number of different 3rd party mfg. blades that will fit any number of brands of mowers. Not saying any one is better than another...i'm just saying on scag, lesco, etc. some mower blades can interchange (the ones w/the same specs.) on their 60-61in decks.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Just be careful, I hear of so many people getting the wrong stuff going aftermarket.

8. daveypadot

daveypadot LawnSite Member

Where can I buy the fusion blades. What is the model number for the super z 60" xr7. Also I am going to buy a bagging unit. which one is better the 3 bag system or they other system?

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can buy the Fusion blades from your Hustler dealer.
    The 60" Fusion blade for the XR-7 deck is part # 794685
    They are the stock blade on your mower.
    I replied to your bagger question in your other thread.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=203239