Super Z bagger belt smokes

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Turf n Dirt, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Turf n Dirt

Turf n Dirt LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I have a Super Z, 60" with the 25 Kawasaki. I love it. The problem that I am have is with the fiberglass bagger attachment (I love it too). I have about 15 hours on the machine, and have used the bagger about 4 hours of this time. I've noticed the belt for the attachment was starting to SMOKE. There wasn't grass clogged up in the unit and the grass wasn't wet. The belt was smoking so bad, it was a bit embarissing esp on a new unit. I relplaced the belt, and it stated to smoke again within minutes. The two pulleys on the attachment actually touch (idler pully is one) Maybe there is a wrong size idler? Any Suggestions?

Turf n Dirt

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Which belt, the deck to blower or the blower spindle belt its self ?
    If you only have the hours listed, I would have the dealer looking at it.
    As far as pulleys touching each other, that belt would have to be real strechted for that to happen, I am not saying it couldnt happen though.
    Let me know

Later
    Pj

3. Turf n Dirt

It is the belt from the deck to the blower. This is the belt that must be removed and installed with the blower. The idler pulley and the other (exposed) pulley do touch, new belt, old belt, it dosn't matter. The metal on the idler pully is actually meshing against the other pulley.

Turf n Dirt

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Ok,
    Those pulley's in no way should be touching each other.
    Please get this unit to your dealer ASAP (if you have not already) and have them look at this unit.
    We have built this Bac-Vac for many years and I hear very little about any problems there may be with the unit.
    Who is the dealer you bought this mower and Bac-Vac from ?

Let me know

Pj

5. Turf n Dirt

Thanks,
    Thats the answer I was looking for. If the pulleys touch, there isn't an idler..... I think its the wrong pulley, too large of a diameter. The spring and chain adjusters have no purpose or affect, the way mine is set up (since the belt pulls the pulleys togther). I'll try to get the blower into the shop this weekend.
    Thanks,
    Kent Buske

Turf n Dirt

My dealer is:

American Service Center (Marty Hall)
    315 Pulanski Highway
    Elkton, MD 21919

410-398-0801

410-398-0803 (fax)