Super Z Bagging Options

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TriCountyLawn, Jun 11, 2006.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Currently were running a 04 Super Z (60) and a 72 in Dixie Chopper. Really happy with both mowers and very happy with our Hustler products. However, this fall were selling both riders and replacing them with one new rider.

Were getting to the point where we need a rider that bags well. Currently were doing all of our bagging with our 48" Hydro Walkbehind. Were looking for a 3 bag system. My problem with hopper style systems is that you have to handle the clippings more then once.

2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Hey Tricounty!

You can use the Humboldt tripple bagger for the Super Z. I have a post on this page asking about interchangeability between new and old Super Z's. It is a 12 bushel bagger that people seem happy with, although there is not a great deal written about them. You can see them at www.grasscatchersusa.com

Good luck

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this the system that uses Husters deck mounted blower ? Ive seen those online a few times and Ive got to admit that ive been somewhat leary of the soft dome design , i guees it just looks kinda cheap.

Is there anyways you could show me some pics of your bagger set up ? Or since were both in Nothern Indiana maybe I could look at your set up? Aside from that. What kinda blades do ya run with the bagger and how well does damp wet grass ( the kind that ya cut almost every morning) bag with this system? Is it nessasary to run extra weights on the front of the mower or on the other side of the deck.

Ive got to say that im a pretty much a die hard Hustler equipment user and would really like to end up with a new Super Z and a 3 bag system.

PJ, Does Hustler have any plans on making there own 3 bag system for the newer Super Z's ? We at Tri County Lawn & Landscape would be more then happy to help ya test one out ....:drinkup:

4. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

Hello - I just bought a 3 bagger system from Humboldt. Installed it the other day but haven't used it yet. It looks like a good system and of very good quality. I had a problem installing tho. It was installed on a 52" Super Z and the blower drive belt was rubbing on the blower mounting bracket. The company seems to be very helpful thus far - they are sending me a new, longer belt (not sure how that is going to help yet). I think that when the issues are solved the catcher will work very well..

Thanks
    Frank

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This is something we are working on, although it is not ready and I do not have pricing or any availability information.

6. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Tricounty

I's show ya if I had one. I have been talking with the company and finding out info like you. Unfortuneatley very few people on lawnsite have them, or at least write about their experiences. Riggs did have one in stock on a Z, and it looke nice. It looked much tougher then the Ultravac. There is a large apparently sturdy piece of tube steel that makes up the top flap/door that operates on gas struts. It looks like it could take a heavy blow where I have seen the exmark's plastic housing crushed. You can see over the top of it which is a bonus, plus the lower center of gravity has to be good when you are full.

Take care

7. FCS Services

Just used my new bagger from humboldt and it seems to work well........

8. Shady Brook

from Indiana

Does anyone know if the bags drag on the ground when coming off of a trailer? I am concerned it might prematurely ware out the bottoms of the bags.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is going to depend on the angle of your trailer ramp, but in most cases, yes they will.

Pj

10. FCS Services

The bottom of the bags are hard plastic. My bags drag on the ground when I load/unload the mower but they only drag for about 4-6 inches and i try to make it a point never to load the mower with grass in it. I think these will last for a while..

Frankl