Super z buying info

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Clint Gantt, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Clint Gantt

Clint Gantt LawnSite Member

I am looking into buying a superZ 60" 27 hp Kohler engine. I would like your opinions on this model and what you paid for it. Also is the xr 7 deck better if so how. How much more would this be. I would like to know if this rig will be underpowred. I like the looks of them and have decided to go with This brand and model. Please tell me everything you like or dislike and or what options to get on this mower.
    THanks Clint

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

27/60 is a good combo, we have had them for years like this, in the old style deck, and the new XR-7 does not take any more hp to run than the old deck.
    Do some reading here on LS, you will see many many posts of happy customers with our products, we build em strong and they last long!

Pj

3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought that same configuration - 60/27 w/XR7 deck. Unless you get last years model, all the new ones have the new deck - I think. Mine came to $8886 with tax and rebate - $270/36mo.

I am elated. Posted a couple pics in my thread.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I ahve the 2005 27/60 Super Z. The larger discharge opening, and the Fusion blades have worked great for me. This is my 2nd 27/60 Super Z. I have a Quikchute OCDC, and anti blowout baffles (for Fall only). Works great for me.

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like the trimside capacity on the 60" XR-7 is less than it was with the old decks. You need to go 66" to get trimside anymore?

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The new trimside on a 60" XR-7 is only 3"

The old trimside on the old 60" was 6"

Why so little now?

7. Clint Gantt

Clint Gantt LawnSite Member

Thanks guys but i still would also like to know how well this mower will perform in such conditions as tall grass and how fast this thing will cut. How much you paid for it. i was told 8000 without tax.:hammerhead: uhh
    well thank you and please help answer my questions

Clint

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Trimside figures changed when we went to the new XR-7's.
    We have "centered" up the decks on the frames with the XR-7's.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

This deck was designed for all conditions, it is adjustable for different types of grasses and condtions.
    We spent 2 years testing this deck in every part of the country, you will not find a better cutting deck.
    I would suggest you getting a demo and seeing for yourself, it will be a easy choice once you demo it.

Pj

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Is there a wheel spacer we can remove to gain back that trimside?

Three and Four inches???:nono: I'll be going through rear tires like water. Need like 6-7"...especially on a 66"!

Why the step backwards?