1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Super Z Cat 34hp diesel

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ricman101, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ricman101

ricman101 LawnSite Member

I ran across a 500 hour diesel super z with the 34 hp CAT. I know these were discontinued. What are you guys thoughts on these units? I would especially like to hear from anyone who owned one or has spent some seat time in one.

Thanks
    Rick

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

This should prove to be interesting:)

Brian O

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

This may get removed, but here goes for starters.
    That diesel machine is one that i am sure that Hustler wishes they had never built. The multitude of problems they had with those machines was well documented on this site. As I recall, they were parting out new units at the factory to try and keep the ones sold, in operation.
    I am sure someone on here owned one and can tell you all about it.
    Unless it is free, run the other way.

4. ricman101

ricman101 LawnSite Member

Well I decided to take a pass on the diesel Super Z mower. I own both a 2005 and 2007 gas powered Super Z's and decided to stick with what I know.

Thanks for the input
    Rick

5. Turning tall grass short

Turning tall grass short LawnSite Member

Good call.... Sometimes the best deals turn out to be the worst.

TTGS

6. LR3 Guy

LR3 Guy LawnSite Member

I was offered one before I bought my HyperDrive last year.
    A quick bit of research suggested it was a lemon : too heavy , too many pumps to drive . I left it where I saw it . It didn't sell , and it's back with it's owner now ..............