Super Z Cutting With Speed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well said bro.

You did a better job of doing it than I did, though we were both making the same overall point about all this.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I hate to tell you your finally cut doesn't look good. Still looks straggly
    Think you need to lower you deck down more.
    Looks more like pasture ground then a lawn.

3. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

It won't matter, he will be back in here tomorrow challenging us to find a mower that will compete with his super z on his property. Oh well, I just don't want any hard feelings.

Puppy you are an intelligent man and you bring many valuable pieces of information to this forum. I just wish you were a little less determined to prove that your mower can cut x amount of grass per hour. We care about that about as much as you caring about the point that ridin brought up about hustler not cutting well in the north. Using your words.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I'm not bitter at all puppy. I believe that you cut at top speed on your machine, and I've never said you didn't or questioned that fact. I do question the QOC given at top speed. Pics are nowhere near as telling as being there in person, and none of us ever will be on your place in all likelihood. You are happy with your SZ, and I am happy for you about that fact. Honestly. It just gets tiresome seeing you hawking the SZ in any thread where commercial mowers are brought up as being better made, better hydro's, and fastest thing on the turf. They aren't the best by any stretch, but even if it were true, why do it in every thread?

The difference between you and me is that I will admit that my Deere has some glaring flaws- like the ride quality for a top of the line machine sucks. The MOD deck cuts great under many conditions, but not all IME. I will never buy another MOD deck. It is good for certain things, but it is more like a jack of all trades and master of none. I will flatly state that the std pro deck is a lot better than the MOD anywhere, anytime, and is about the best deck out there for reasons I have stated in the past, which is the fact that it is wide open, yet the blades are closer to the front baffle than they are on the VX4 or V+, so it doesn't leave giant length clippings all over the place, yet it cuts great, stripes well and works in the wet like who'dathunkit.

You will never admit that the SZ has any flaws and you constantly go to extremes trying to prove it to professionals who know better. Your non willingness to try to adjust the 472 is a glaring example of what we all have been trying to point out to you about this. Yes, your SZ is faster, but set up correctly as any adjustable mower deck should be, especially one designed for manicured lawn maintenance, the 472 would no doubt equal the QOC on any normal turf grass, and do so most anywhere in the US, and much better a job in the north where the true test of a machine really comes into play. As many have told you here before, any machine will cut the turf grasses you do easily. The limp bladed stuff we cut separates the wanna be's from the real McCoy's.

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I don't want any hard feelings here either, believe it or not, and I actually enjoy much of puppy's posted info. I know he is a smart man, but sometimes it appears that he doesn't feel that way about any of the rest of us, especially those of us who've been around for nearly as long as he has, when he tries to blow some of this nonsense past us.

6. CurbAppealKS

On a lighter note, the 35 kawasaki on his machine is an impressive motor! The video and pictures shows he was cutting a fair amount off and you could see the discharge spray. You could really hear it "talking" during the video, sounds good.

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That one and the BB Vanguards are really powerful engines. If they were all EFI, they'd be even better, especially on fuel LOL.

8. CurbAppealKS

That's for sure!

9. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

10. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

That's a very nice place you have the privilege of owning/living. Thanks for taking to time to take some video for us!