Super Z @ dealer

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RonB, Jan 16, 2006.

1. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

While passing through a nearby town I seen a Super Z with a 60" deck and what I believe is a Honda engine (its red). The thing is, about a year ago while passing through it was there and I'm sure it's the same one.

It was Sunday and they weren't open but I stopped and took a better look. It has a black seat - the tanks are faded and some cracking around the controls from the sun and there's some rust spots here and there. I'm thinking it's a 2004 and has about one hour on the meter.

What I would like to know is - what was the retail price and if it would be covered by warranty still - and what you think it's worth.

thanks
    Ron

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Well it sounds like a 24 Honda powered Super Z.
    The last price we had on that unit is $9,699.00 MSRP.
    Being it is a black seat model it is at a minimum, at least 1.5 years old, we went to a grey seat in late spring of 2004, it could be older.
    Did you get the model and serial # off of it? I can tell you exactly how old it is and when it was produced and also when it was sold to the dealer, and when it was registered (sold to a end user if this is the case).
    As to being covered by warranty... depends on when it was registered...

Pj

3. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

PJ,

I called about this mower today, they still have it and priced at 7299. I didn't ask about the serial number but asked and they aren't selling Hustlers anymore. Your site also doesn't list them anymore either.

Anyway, he said they would do warranty work if needed - sound right?What bothers me (other than the price) is that it has been outside for at least a year. Although it has just over an hour on the meter it almost looks used.

Is that price reasonable? I'm buying a mower within a week or two but want to see what deals are coming.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds fishy....
    I would have to check into this a little.....
    The price is right though......
    Can you e-mail me some details?

Pj