1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Super Z Diesel Fan Relay Problems

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Distorted, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Distorted

Distorted LawnSite Gold Member

I was seriously interested in the Super Z Diesel until informed by a seller that those he had sold last year had continuous problems with electric relays blowing on the fan servos. The way he put it was that other diesel models run their fans off belts, and do not have this inherent issue, but that Huskey had to design this added complication into this model because of the engine/deck drive configuration and that the relays needed could not be counted on to hold up, especially in Texas heat.

Has their been any truth to this reservation in the past, and, if so, has their been a "fix?"

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There was a update to the relay / control.
    Dealers know about this.
    There are no problems once the update is done.

3. mowniacal

mowniacal LawnSite Member

MC,

So, on a new machine, should I ask the dealer about this and/or is it resolved in production form a certain point forward (i.e., serial number)?

Thanks!
    DP

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All in field inventory was to be updated by the dealers, and all new units from the factory have this already taken care of.
    Double check with your dealer to make sure he installed it on the unit you are looking at.

Pj