1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Z Discharge block off

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by BentleyOutdoors, May 3, 2008.

1. BentleyOutdoors

BentleyOutdoors LawnSite Member

Well after 2 weeks of head aches trying to find a block off system VIA trimmer trap, master chute, and other, I decided to make my own and save 270.00. I used all factory parts and paint and was only out $3.99 in stainless nuts and bolts. Used a piece of aluminum angle that was scrap at a sign shop that i got for free. The block off works perfect, I was really impressed with the out come! Enjoy:usflag:
  2. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I like it!
  3. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Could I be your first customer? I dont have $200 to spend, but i would be willing to pay a fair price for this item. This is the best i've seen yet. Let me know what you would charge to make me one, and ship to North Florida.

4. Imow4u2

Imow4u2 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good, but where is the handle???
  5. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

THAT LOOKS AWESOME... you gotta start making more and selling them.
    But you do need to develop some kind of handle,,maybe even weld a thinner piece of solid metal just so no grass escapes through the holes.

Nice job!
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Bentley, are you still around?

I was just wondering is the weight of the cover enough to keep it down? What thickness is that plate?
    I realize what the "SuperZ" cut out is for!