1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super-z Highlift Fusion blades?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PEVO, May 9, 2008.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

Are these available? Heres the situation. From what i've seen others on this forum do is install Scag(generic)21 inch long, 3in wide .25in thick 5/8 center, flat, notched Hi-lifts on my 04 60" 28efi Super-Z. The chute has been opened up & spacers installed. These Really help give a excellent cut...BUT at the cost of extra drag on my 28efi. Side by-side these scag blades dwarf standard fusions. BUT these blades combined with 10-12in tall thick wet(morning dew)grass/weeds can really put a strain on my hustler. The suction difference vs. standard fusions is amazing(it sounds like a jet engine under the deck). I'm now wondering if a hi-lift fusion could give me the benefits of the 3in notched hi-lifts without bogging me down quite so much.????
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We only offer the Fusions in the lift you are already buying / using.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have run several different blade combinations with my 60" XR-7 deck (20.5").

With your older deck, you really don't have the availability that the 20.5" size gives me.

I have found that the thicker the blade(.250 vs .203) the more power is consumed running them. While our decks are different, our power robbing 21cc pumps are the same! I was running eXmark notched foil high lift Fusions and noticed a lot less drag than the same thickness OEM solid foil fusions. A couple hundred RPM difference while mowing! I would love to run some higher lift blades to get better suction/cut, but I don't have the power to do so!

Good luck!