1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Z Hydro question???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mowerman90, May 17, 2004.

1. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

My Super Z is rolling over 50 hours so it's time to change the Hydro filter as per the manual. My question is, to those that have changed this filter, does the new filter have Excel Industries or Hustler's name on it? The filter I received from my dealer today is marked FPC Filtration Products Corporation Part number FPE30-25N. It is overwrapped in cellophane with the Hustler part number 783936 written in magic marker on it. Has my dealer given me a "generic" filter?
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

That's the right filter. That is what my original had on it as well as the two I bought from the dealer. Funny thing is, I called the dealer to ask about them and they told me they had no Hustler OEM filters, only aftermarket. I went on a quest to find the FPC elsewhere and came across a wholesaler in Orlando who had them for $14.50 each, but I needed to buy 6 of them :eek:

I said heck with it and went to the dealer I had called to get him to order me OEM filters. The counter guy breaks out the FPC filters and says "here ya go." I guess the guy I had spoke with on the phone didn't see the Hustler name, so he assumed they were aftermarket :D BTW, they were about 10 bucks at the dealer.
  3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

The replacement filter that my dealer sold me has Hustlers name and part # on it.
  4. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

As a dealer I have seen most Super z filter come with PMC on it. the standard z filter has hustler turf on it. We get our filters from Hustler. So they are selling you OEM filters.
  5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Your local "NAPA" dealer can set you up with a good filter. NAPA filters are 19 micron filtering, which is better filtering than the stock ones.
  6. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks again Pete, I went to get a wix at the parts store but they couldn't cross it over to a wix filter so I just bought a spare Hustler filter. I know that the wix and napa filters are the same so I will go to the napa store. Do you add Lubrizol to your machines when you change your fluids and filter? thanks again!