Super Z levers hitting knees

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dlgunn, Jul 18, 2006.

1. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

I am buying used 2002 or 2003 super z and when I set on the machine the steering levers hit my legs or knees. Is there a way to move the seat assembly back? The seat is adjusted to the full back position. I know there is a handle extension kit how much additional clearance will it give me? Does anyone know the part number of the kit?

Thanks in advance
    Danny
    Reliable Lawn Care

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

First make sure the seat is all the way back with the slide adjustment, second make sure the levers are in the upper holes, they are adjustable up and down and fore and aft.
    And if it still hits your knee's you can buy a extension kit, it will take care of your problem, here is the information
    Kit, Steering Extension, Hustler Z / Super Z part # 353961 MSRP $20.00

3. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go danny....finally got a hustler!!....hey pm s i can get you the stuff you needed..thanks dustin

4. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.

I called two dealers in my area and both seem to be charging msrp+10%-20%. Any suggestions on how not to get ripped off? Can you email me a price list for the super Z?

Thanks Danny

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

They are charging MSRP + 10-20% on mowers?
    Parts and accessories is a different thing all together, most likely the pricing is adjusted to cover UPS and such.
    Regardless, at the top of this forum there is a price thread, it has MSRP pricing on all current mowers and accessories.
    I removed your e-mail address from the forum, to much phishing going on and I am sure you don't want any more junk mail.

Pj