Super Z light kit

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Old4rd, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Old4rd

Old4rd LawnSite Member

I may order a new Super Z this coming week and was considering their light kit as an option. Is there anyone reading this who has the new Hustler LED light kit on their's? Can you drop me an email with your evaluation? Have you ever snagged it on low hanging bushes? Here is a link to a YouTube video of the product: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azeEZdOm7z0
    Thanks.
    Les.
    Old4rd@aol.com

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

This kit has been our for a couple years now, I have never heard of any issues with snagging.

Pj

3. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

I have the light kit on my Super Z. I think it's Highly over priced, but it does do a good job when it's completely dark outside. Would I buy another light kit if I had a second mower? Yes.

4. Old4rd

Old4rd LawnSite Member

Thanks for your reply Thunderhead. I priced out a '10 Super Z 66" today and had the light option included. I was also a bit concerned about snagging it on low hanging bushes & branches, ever have that issue? Are they substantially mounted so that they should take minor hits?

5. Mimowerman

Mimowerman LawnSite Senior Member

I would of given you my light kit... I threw it away last week. I got almost every option on my super z and by far the light kit was the biggest waste. The lenses oxidized and it became useless. I figured it would be good for fall clean ups when it starts to get dark early... I was wrong.

Best mower you can ask for otherwise

6. Old4rd

Old4rd LawnSite Member

7. ACSMOD11

ACSMOD11 LawnSite Member

I ordered lights for my unit. The wire harness and brackets are great.

The Moon puts out more light than these the LED things do.

8. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

Today, I mowed with my Super Z for the second time this year. I have probably have just under 22 hours on it now. The lens fell off of one of my lights! It landed on top of the deck and wasn't hurt a bit. The Only thing holding it on is silicone so be careful and watch out for ya'lls!! Mine didn't have near enough silicone on it to keep it in place. I think these lights are cheaper made than I thought. Now I know for certain that they're way over-priced.

9. Old4rd

Old4rd LawnSite Member

These reports on the light kit are not what I was hoping to hear. Most reviewers seem to love their Hustlers but the light kit seems to be lacking in performance and durability. I placed my order this week & included the light kit. I'll be sure to watch it for loose lenses & maybe even run a fine bead of silicone caulk around the seam as a (hopefully) preventative measure. Thanks again for all the replies. (PS): it's a '10 Super Z 66" SD w/ 30 hp Kohler, hyd. deck lift, flex forks, deluxe seat, hitch, and (ugh!) light kit.

10. ACSMOD11

ACSMOD11 LawnSite Member

I took a measurement of the bracket and it appears the light size is pretty standard. I'm going to look for a "regular" light to replace the LED lights.