Super Z Oil

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by joallen001, Jun 5, 2004.

1. joallen001

joallen001 LawnSite Member
    from TN

This is my first post on this site. I am 21 and have learned a great deal of information from this forum. I would say more than what the average lawn business's here in lawrenceburg. I just hit the 100hr mark on my Hustler Super Z and was wondering if it would be a good idea to change over to 10w30synthetic. Every once in a while on cold and warm startups it will let out blue smoke but it always clears up. Is this normal or should I have the dealer check it out while under warranty??? Also any input on the striping kit that hustler put out for the super z would be great. I was thinking of making one. Nobody here uses striping kits or runs doubles. I also heard that I could run bobcay 21" blades for doubles. Would this be a good setup??? Thanks for any info about the super Z.

2. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

For the synthetic oil, definetley yes. As for doubles it will run them fine. As for a stripping kit I dont like the one hustler sells, try to make your own or do a search and find a different brand!

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah it sounds like your valve seals might be leaking I would have the dealer do a compression test on your engine!

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I use regular 10w30 in my 27/60 Super Z. I also have a chain striper I made that works great. I also run doubles as well, using different combo's of 21" Bobcat blades.

superchainshitch.jpg

5. imograss

Here is the mower...................

superzside.jpg

6. imograss

Some stripes....................................

kanes back.jpg

7. imograss

Doubles with anti-blowout baffles

superz blowout baffles.jpg

8. joallen001

from TN

What exactly is the anti blowout baffles and where can I purchase one of those quick chutes. Also what is the price on those.

9. imograss

I think the quikchute site is quikchute.com and it was about 200.00. the blowout baffles were 55.00 I believe. The baffles are mainly needed for leaves when using doubles.

10. joallen001

from TN

Does most everybody use bobcat blades for doubles?? Exactly what type.