Super Z owners, what did you pay?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I'm curious what you guys paid for your Super Z. Please list model, price and date purchased.

Thanks,
    Soupy

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ken, you are acting like a price w hore. A couple hundred dollars isnt gona make or break your business. If you like the dealer and the machine then purchase the machine for the price he offered it to you. Case closed.

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have not gotten a price for the super Z. I don't have any experience with the Hustler dealer either.

I just want to know what they are selling for, so I will have an ideal when I ask for price.

I have already splurged all the $100's I have, so yes it does matter. Sorry I am not rich as you :)

4. amar

amar LawnSite Member

Im on my third Super Z
    first $8780 Feb of 03,
    second was in may of 04 it was $8600 (it was stolen)
    my third was puchased last week under this 0% till 05 for $8586

Some times I feel funny hagaling but which one of you dosent get it from your customers.
    Plus my dealer makes several thousand of warranty/ repairs on all my units my crew is abusive at times. However hustler has had all kinds of problems some minor (clutch), some major (leaking wheel motors).

5. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

around $7500 for 25hp kawi, 60" super z

about $500 more to step up to 28 EFI kohler

6. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

I got 2 quotes from different dealers for 60in SuperZ w/27 Kohler for 8095 and 8100.

7. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

27hp Kohler 72" deck- $8300

8. amar

amar LawnSite Member

The 27hp is not enough power for a 72" deck.

9. Catos

Catos LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

It's been enough power for me, it goes 15 mph just like the 60" inch deck. You must have a 72" 27hp. Hustler Super Z? Fill me in.

10. amar

amar LawnSite Member

No I don't have the 27hp 72" but I demoed one and in thick grass it bogs down alot and forget about wet grass thats 4+"

I like the Diesel its a 34hp cat engine however it costs around 14k
    The Kubota ZD series is about 2-3K less but it has a 28hp which I think is enough with a Diesel.