Super Z Owners

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by nmez21, Nov 12, 2006.

1. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

For all the Super Z owners out there. Have any of you found a solution for lighting? I was thinking of a winter project of purchasing and installing rechargeable lights (bike lights or something similar), but I have my doubts about the plan. Do any of you use lighting of any sort on your Super Z? If so, I'd be greatful if you'd post, and tell a little about it. Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Nothing new yet on lights on the Super Z, sorry.
    I know we are looking at other options, when it will be available (if) and what it is, I don't know.

Pj

3. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I never heard what the ouput was (left over amps).
    That makes coming up with options is tough.

I still think you should be able to find some low amperage LED's that would work and not overdraw the system though.

gpshemi

4. nmez21

Thanks for the response. If Hustler could stike a parnership w/ a bike light co. and figure out some simple mounting options for a light and sell it for an alright price, i'd sure buy it, and from what I've heard from others,many people would as well.

BTW- here's my super z and some stripes, very impressed!
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=163656

5. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

I know of some customers who chose to put the lights on the Super Z anyway, and they have had clutch problems all the time.

Go with Hustler's reccommendation and mow during the daylight until Hustler gets the light kit that works correctly.

6. gps_jetskier

7. nmez21

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate them. I should have elaborated on my idea :hammerhead: . What I was thinking of was a bike light that has its own battery, separate from the Z, that can be taken off whenever, where ever(used mostly for days that the sun just couldn't wait up for). Something like this: http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_...T<>prd_id=845524442588347&emssrcid=GoogleBase
    I fiurge I could fabricate a bracket to the jrco mount or something. Any one ever tried anything like this? thanks

8. MGV

MGV LawnSite Member

GPS_Jetskier had the right idea with LED's, just check with your local auto parts dealer or a on-line lighting supplier. The new white LED's are bright, low voltage draw and available in many shapes and sizes

9. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Why would you need lights?Running a SUPER Z you should be done...long before dark!:laugh:

10. gps_jetskier

Cuz my 5 month old twins don't always allow it....