Super Z parking brake

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by mx495, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

My '07 Super Z is rolling now when in neutral/park. How do you adjust the brakes to grab again? Would this be covered under warranty?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is very odd, these are adjusted at the factory and I don't ever hear of someone have to adjust them.
    But, they are adjustable, it is listed in the parts manual for your mower, owner manual for 2005 and older units.
    As far as warranty, that is something a dealer would have to determine, usually common adjustments / maintenance are not covered by warranty.

3. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

It's mainly one side and it is the side I had a hydro go out on and the dealer replaced it. Probably wasn't adjusted right when the dealer put it back together??? I've had other problems with stuff this dealer did, so that would be my guess.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to talk to the dealer, they need to take care of you.

5. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

Hey man
    I've got a 06' Super Z w/60" deck that does the same thing.

let me know if you figure out how to adjust it.

I cant see hauling my lawnmower 30 miles to the dealer everytime I need to adjust the brakes on one of my TWO Super Z's..

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

In your other post, I posted a link to the manual that explains how to adjust the parking brakes.

Pj

7. user5953

user5953 LawnSite Member

Got it.
    I looked at the manual and it looks like it's a piece of cake to adjust the brakes.

Thanks PJ.