Super Z prices paid recently?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by davidki, Apr 10, 2005.

1. davidki

davidki LawnSite Member

Just went and looked at a Super Z, 60" (27 hp Kholer) deck with the suspension seat.. price quoted was $7700.00 plus tax.. no mention was made of the factory rebate, I just wonder is this a fair price before the rebate, or is this a price that Id get with the rebate?

I'm in the nashville area, looking at either a 60" deck or a 72. Dealer also pushing Xmak.. same size deck and engine.. what would you buy?

Also, if you have suggestions and coments I'd love t hear them.. we have about 10 acres to deal with.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 27/60 Kohler Super Z has a MSRP of $9,899.00, the rebate price is $1,500.00 off of MSRP so it would usually sell for $8,399.00
    I would say that $7,700.00 is a great price.

Pj

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We priced one about a month ago and it was $7999.

4. davidki

davidki LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replys on the price, I have now looked at the List prices on the SuperZ as posted and the rebates.. I guess the price was not bad at all... I wonder though at $9899 list is that a bit on the high side for this market?

I am still amazed at the prices of mowers in general, but then I havent had to cut a yard for probably 20 + years... now I have about 12 Acres to deal with :-(

Dave

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You are not comparing equal machines.
    The Super Z has larger pumps, wheel motors, hydro coolers (with electric fan) and a higher ground speed.
    This is a unit that has a premium price due to the premium items I have listed.
    If you compare another mfg's machine be sure to see if it has these, there are not many that do, and if they do, they are about the same price if not higher.

Pj

6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

If you have 12 acres to cut you better get the Super Z. Might as well have fun cutting when your doing it. The Z is the best I've been on. Awesome on large open places. Way too much fun be be called work. great cut and fast too. Very reliable machine.

7. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

PJ, what causes two mowers with the same engine/hp to go much faster than the other? I'm figuring it must be the gears, but you figure if one has a lower setting it would have superior cutting and if one had higher gear setting (faster machine) it would have inferior cutting. This is obviously a flawed thought, set me straight.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The higher ground speed is achieved through larger pumps and larger wheel motors, as in the Super Z, of course a larger hp engine is helpful here also.
    Deck designs are a key to higher speed cutting.

Pj

9. force350z

force350z LawnSite Member
    from nj

I just picked up a 72" Super Z w/ 25Hp Kawasaki for $7600 yseterday.