1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Super Z Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by livingreen1, Nov 23, 2007.

1. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

Anyone had any problems with wheel motors. i have a seal blown out and my dealer tells me I need a whole new motor. Any thoughts?
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Some have had problems with wheel motors on Super Z's. I imagine every company has a few bad ones. Most of the major ZTR manufacturers use the same basic brands of wheel motors but I would guess yours is a White.
  3. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

Basically what I am trying to find out is can I rebuild this one or do I have to buy a whole new one? And yes it is a white
  4. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

How long have you had it? Might be a covered repair and in that case, all they do is remove and replace.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure it can be done but a replacement is usually the option taken. I rarely hear of a rebuild. Gene GLS replaced several on a Super Z before switching to a different wheel motor (Two Hustler ATZ motors I believe).
  6. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

You should be able to order parts for these either through your dealer or through a White Hydraulics distributor. You should be able to PM me for more info.
  7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the atz motors on my 2760. All I can say is, wow! If your machine is in good shape and you plan on keeping it for a long time... Consider it. They have AWESOME torque.
  8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

What year model, is it out of warranty?
  9. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

My Gravely dealer(s) told me that the white wheel motors on my pro 200 were not rebuildable. What a Crock! I went to Advanced Fluid systems (Lancaster, PA), and they rebuilt the unrebuildable (wow, I just invented a new word!) for $ 350.00, and Gravely wanted $1000.00 for new parts.:hammerhead: