Super Z Problems

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by force350z, Sep 1, 2004.

1. force350z

force350z LawnSite Member
    from nj

QUESTIONS FOR PJ or ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME!!!

1) I have two 60" Super Z w/ 25HP Kawasaki engine. One of them has about 275 hours, the other one with 250 hours. Lately I been noticing that when I engage the PTO a DELAY is occurring from a few seconds to half a minute on both machines. What causes the delay? Is there any adjustments I can do to correct the problem? Is it the clutch starting to go bad? The clutch on one of my machine has been replaced at about 50 hours.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Depending on the clutch (we used 2 different ones at that time) it may just need to be adjusted, you can find the adjustment procedure in your owners manual, or have your dealer do it for you.
    If it is a non adjustable clutch or the clutch is in adjustment, then you need to look at the electrical system.
    Either way your dealer can take care of this for you.
    I feel most likely though that it is a simple clutch air gap adjustment.

Pj

3. force350z

force350z LawnSite Member
    from nj

PJ,

You mentioned that you use 2 kinds of clutches. One of my mower is a late 2003 model and a 2004 models, what kind of clutch did they came with?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Both of your units should have the newer clutch on them already (Warner), but there is a possibility that your 2003 could have the older clutch on it (Ogura).

Your dealer has a service bulletin he can reference regarding any clutch questions he may have.

Pj