Super Z Question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Ranger 13, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Lawn Ranger 13

Lawn Ranger 13 LawnSite Member

I need to know if the air filter is supposed to have a inner filter in it? I went to my local small engine store to pick up a replacement filter and the salesperson ask me about the condition of my inner filter. I didn't know what he was taking about. I bought my super z last July and there was not a inner filter in the main air filter. I need to hear from you guys that run a super z. Do I need the inner filter??? Please let me know.
  2. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a 03 super mini z with the Donaldson's filter. There is no inner filter on my unit.
  3. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I have a 04 SUPER Z with a 25 Kawasaki,and it does not have a inner filter! :cool2:
  4. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Do ya think a little extra filtration will help, or hurt? I've had it in mine for a year

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

6. CincyWolf

CincyWolf LawnSite Member

Hustler dealer told me and then showed me that they do not come with the inner filter. I asked why everyone else with the Donaldson style filter had both inner and outer filters but not Hustler. He didn't provide a very good explanation other than it wasn't really needed and I could always add one if I wanted to later.

Might be worth asking on the Hustler message board to see how Pj explains it.
  7. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just posted a couple concerns on that forum so check in when PJ gets a chance to look at it

Thanks, Cutter LLC
  8. CottonPatch

CottonPatch LawnSite Member

Being that the air canister is further away than some other makes of ZTRs, it effects the airflow and will not properly work with the inner filter.
  9. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

The engine will not start on a 25 hp Kaw with the inner filter in it.
  10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If your air filter canister is designed to run 2 filters, inner and outer, you had better have both in there. The engine manufacturer could refuse to honor your engine warranty if you dust an engine, and they see you are not running with both filters.
    I know for a fact that Kubota has declined warranty repairs on engines that are missing one of the two filters.