super z stripes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&J Lawncare, May 3, 2003.

1. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

No stripping roller, just double blades

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

P&J,

Those stripes look good don't get me wrong. But I think you could make them even better with the roller.

I think that's why there have been several who have asked is that a 72" deck, the stripes look really wide cuz there is no real strong line of definition where the stripes change direction. Matter of fact it looks (in some of the pictures) that there is one wide stripe next to a narrower stripe.

The further away you get from the stripes the better they look....see your pictures. You could get them to look great even close up if you put the roller on your ZTR.

That picture of "from the highway" is GREAT.

Keep up the good work.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

HEre are mine with 61" Super Z, the grass is so thick that the stripes are not so vivid:

2003 lawn.jpg

4. KDLAWN

KDLAWN LawnSite Member

what type of grass is that , it stripes so well??

5. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont really think the stripes are that good. No offense it was nice straight lines but except for one of the photos near the end. It was more tire tracks than stripes. My mower sort of does the same effect, but I am not trying for stripes.

I say get a striping kit and it will look like Eric Elms stripes.

Jimbo

6. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote by GreenPastures:"Matter of fact it looks (in some of the pictures) that there is one wide stripe next to a narrower stripe."

What your seeing is the tire tracks...they are real dark because of the weight. A striping kit would make the entire width look like that. This is why I say they are not very good.

Jimbo

7. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

but not now. I think you guys are helpful but until I can get some looking really good I wouldn't dream of posting them here.

8. Farmer Jon

Farmer Jon LawnSite Member

p&j ,what blades are you stacking? they look nice! by super z, you mean a hustler super z, right? not just a zero turn.

9. I thought that wasn't out until this fall?

Stripes look good though.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

how do you guys hang on to them mowers at 15 mph? it would be nice to mow that fast, man I must have some rough turf. LOL

looks great though