Super Z stripes

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ScCo, Jul 28, 2004.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

Never posted a pic before, so who knows how many tries it will take me to get this right.

stripes1.jpg

2. ScCo

and another one...this yard is a precise blend of fescue and various weeds for those who couldn't tell. :)

stripes2.jpg

3. ScCo

last one that I have at the moment. The pics are kinda crappy, but the only camera I had with me was the one on my phone.

Will get some pics of zoysia stripes tomorrow hopefully.

stripes3.jpg

4. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

Looks good! What height are you cutting at?

5. ScCo

2.75" is the cutting height I use on this particular lawn. On a few of my tiffway bermuda lawns I cut as low as 2", my zoysia lawns are at 2.5" and the fescues are 2.75" to 3" depending on the ground.

thanks
    ScCo

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

nice pics. why do you cut so low? up here i hardly ever go below 3.25''. most are 3.5'''

7. ScCo

cutting height goes back to the reference to weeds that most of the properties around here have. Looks a lot better when the dandelion heads aren't showing after you mow. If I cut the lawn in the pictures at 3.5" it would have bunches of dandelions and other junk left after cutting. 2.75" is about as high as I can go on it without leaving all the weeds showing after cutting.

the warm season grasses are cut from 2" to 2.5" because that's simply the height that they look the best at. Bermuda especially looks terrible when it is cut very high.

the third reason is simply that people in my area tend to want things cut fairly short.

Thanks
    ScCo

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good....................

9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks ScCo......the pics are great

Around here it seems that everyone wants it cut higher. If it were up to me, I'd be cutting them all at 3''. I think it looks better

10. ScCo

thanks guys. Can't say my pics look as good as some of you all's that I saw in searching old threads.....but anyhow.

The more I look through the old threads and the striping threads in general, the more I wish we had decent turf to work with around here....lol.

Have a good one,
    ScCo