Super Z tires

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by fatdog47, Aug 24, 2005.

1. fatdog47

fatdog47 LawnSite Member

Would like to know if I can replace 24-12-12 drive tires with 26-12-12 tires? Also, would like to know why solid filled front tires will void the warranty on the Super Z, but are standard on ATZ? Please advise. THANX!!!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

While i know it is possible to install the larger tires, i would not do it, it would require some deck readjustment and of course the unit is not "geared" for a larger tire.
    You can buy the care free tires for the front of your Super Z, we offer them as a accessory.
    I am not sure it voids the warranty, I would have to check on that.
    We put them standard on the ATZ, due to that model going into a cutting condition that generally warrants this type of tire (rough cutting, rarely cut slopes.. etc...etc...), also the frame is slightly different on the ATZ, we feel comfortable putting them on as standard equipment on that model.

Pj

3. fatdog47

fatdog47 LawnSite Member

Mr. PJ: can you give me the p/n and price for the care free tires? THANX!!!

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will be back in my office on Friday, and will post the # then, if not sooner.

Pj

5. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Pj, I would also like to know about these mate! It says in manual somewhere that it voids warrenty, but if there can be a way around it, be good! As you can see in the before/after pics I posted, I could use them!

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is the information you need.
    Tire/Wheel Assy 13 x 6.5-6 Semi-Pneumatic, Hustler Z / Super Z part # 789537 $84 MSRP each.
    As far as warranty is concerned, I have someone looking into this, but I don't believe it will affect your warranty, but I will find out for sure.

Pj

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Using the Hustler approved semi pneumatic tires (part #'s to follow) your warranty is not affected.
    Use of foam filled tires will void your warranty in relationship to any failures caused by them.
    Here is a quote right from your warranty statement, What is not covered, "Repairs or replacement resulting from the use of unauthorized parts, accessories or attachments."
    Seeing how the following part #'s are AUTHORIZED by Hustler, you will not have a issue.
    Tire/Wheel Assy 13 x 5-6 Semi-Pneumatic, Mini Z / Super Mini Z part # 795245 $71
    Tire/Wheel Assy 13 x 6.5-6 Semi-Pneumatic, Hustler Z / Super Z part # 789537 $84
    Tire/Wheel Assy 15 x 6 Semi-Pneumatic, Super Diesel Z part # 796532 $88
    The above prices are per wheel, so you will need to order 2 per mower.
    Hope this helps.

Pj

8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Cheers Pj!