Super z V. Lazer Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Aug 25, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Just got done at the MN State fair and looking at various Z's. Was curious on the opinions of the hustler super z V. the Exmark lazer Z. Both look great but I sure like the sup seat on the hustler and it seems a little ergonomicaly. Hit with some opinions.

2. Option on the Lazer is a suseption seat. A GRAY one, not black.

Other than that, I can't tell you much about the Hustler.

Lazer you can get a water cooled or air cooled engine. EFI 26hp Kohler.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your not comparing apples to apples.....
    The Super Z has larger Hydro pumps and smaller wheel motors.
    This is where the Super Z gets it "SUPER" from.
    The Super Z does 15mph, the Exmark does not.
    The Super has a hydro cooler and fan.
    You will find the Hustler to be built as well or better, the Hustler has a very heavy duty frame (lifetime warranty) the Hustler has a heavier duty deck, the front end is boxed and also carries a lifetime warranty.
    The Hustler has cast ductile iron spindle housings, the Exmark has aluminum.
    2 year bumper to bumper warranty parts and labor on the Hustler, lifetime on the hoses and fittings.
    The Super comes with a suspension seat standard, and heavy duty filter system standard (both these are on units produced after August 1st 2002)
    Theres a ton of little things I believe will make the Hustler a better choice for you.
    You need to demo both and then make your decision

Later
    Pj

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have either - will demo both this fall or next spring. The only Hustler dealer in area (and he's huge on Hustler) believes the Laser Z to be a better choice for me because of the bagging feature (way ultra vac system works - places clippings in cans as opposed to dumping on tarp or ground). I have seen both and believe the Hustler has an exceptional frame system. Test both for yourself. Only you can decide. Personally, I wouldn't go to a superZ! I like the better hydro pump option, but I'm sure someone would actually try to run that thing at 15MPH across an uneven lawn and expect it to get the job done right.

Bob

5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I'm still wondering who will be the first manufacturer with a 50 mph ZTR. :rolleyes:

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Hustler Z and Super Z will have a catcher like a "Ultra-Vac" in the coming months....
    I will post when it is available

Later
    Pj

7. PJ Do you run Mobil 1 in your stuff? I think the reason for the hydro cooler is to cool off for the smaller wheel motors. The regular Z does not have that.

Hustler you have to perodicly grease the spindles from "underneath" the mower deck. Saw at the EXPO while it was showing the under side.

Suspention seat is standard on the EPS 26hp Kohler Lazer, option for any other Lazer's.

Nelson cyclonic heavy duty air filter is standard on all hydro Exmarks with Kohlers.

Price difference

Lazer 60" EPS 26hp Kohler is $8,400,$8,500 here.

Hustler Z 25hp 60" 25hp kawasaki, sus. seat $8695.00

Super Z 25hp 60" 25hp kawasaki, sus. seat $8995.00

Reg Lazer does 10mph EPS does 11mph.

I agree though Apples and Oranges.

8. jaredslawncare

jaredslawncare LawnSite Member

How practical is 15mph on a lawn i mean i could push a 21" trim mower 10mph but does that mean it would cut it? There should be tons more factors to buy a new mower than ground speed.

9. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not run Mobil 1 in our products, no need to.
    As for our std Z we run a 2 gallon resevoir with 10W40 motor oil, no over heating problems thus no need for Mobil 1.
    Mobil 1 is great for high temps, but if your not running the high temps do you really need it ?? we are not running the temps needed to run Mobil 1 in our hydros.

As for the 15mph ground speed, you may not use it all the time but you can use the faster speeds.
    There are plenty of members here that have the Super Z and they will tell you how much time they are saving compared to using there 10 or 11 mph units.

As for price.....
    The 25 Kawi Super 60" unit lists for $9495.00 sells at MOST dealers from $8100 to $8500

Later
    Pj

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

My Toro Proline 118 tops out at 7 MPH, but I wouldn't want to go any faster because of the rough ground. I get beat to death at 7 MPH as it is. Is Hustler planning to make some sort of suspension system like Ferris? 15 MPH and a rough lawn would not be fun. Good thing Huster has that frame warranty!