Super Z w/ a 54" XR-7 Deck

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by EJK2352, Mar 25, 2006.

1. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ,
    I'm in the market for a new Z-Turn mower. I have been running Exmark's Lazer Z's for the past 9 years. I've been happy w/ the Lazer's except for their performance in damp turf which I have found to be marginal at best and the finished product would be totally unacceptable to my customers. I run a pretty tight schedule and missed cuts due to weather conditions really cuts into my bottom line. Do these XR-7 decks really perform that much better in damp conditions???

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The XR-7's were tested in every condition that was humanly possible and this includes cutting wet grass.
    We found with the baffle design, blade overlap, deck depth and removing a part of the rear baffles, that this unit cut as good or better then anything we tested it against and this includes various colors of mowers out there.
    I would suggest when the 54" unit becomes available that you e-mail me and I will personally set up a demo for you for you to compare this unit to what you are used to with your current mower.
    So to answer your question.. Yes
    Pj

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

HOw much does this deck differ from the 54" WB decks and will they be avaible on the super WB sometime?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Take a look on our website, there is some great information there on the XR-7, you will see the differences pretty quick.
    No, the XR-7 will not be put on the Super Walk Behinds.

Pj

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not? make the super WB even better If yo can put them on the trimstars why not the standard frame? Why not put the "better" deck on the higher end machine?
    I still think that the super WB line is the best WB mowers out there and if the new deck is all you say it is that would made the best even better.
    Pass that along to your engineers.