Super Z's 2012 Versus 2013 Speed Difference

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by puppypaws, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

True, but some of us have worked very hard our entire lives and are still in decent shape. I was a rough carpenter for my entire main career, so I know all about hard work and bodily abuse, believe me, and I can still outdo many, if not most younger guys to this day. None of this is accounting for all my extra circular activities either which are hard on the body either.

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

However, you will agree for each mph added to mowing speed there is a larger toll to be paid by added bodily fatigue? I would say from operating a mower at 8 mph to an increased speed of 14 mph; would double the amount of muscle fatigue your body is forced to deal with, possibly beyond double.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

True, but that's why there are Ferris mowers made.:laugh:

4. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

That's why Greenology now owns a Ferris mower :>

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If I owned property I could not utilize the faster speeds of the Super Z, the 3100 is what I would own as well, and I've told you this before. I love the 3100, it's just not the most productive mower for my cutting situation. That is my situation alone, and no others. I would say if I mowed an average of 6 hrs. per day on different properties, especially where higher speeds could not be utilized, and did this to make money, a Ferris 3100 would definitely be the mower I want on the trailer following me day in and day out.