supercuts pics- moving pirate ship

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by supercuts, Jul 31, 2009.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

kind of but i scaled back a bit. right now we have one crew of 2 guys who do the mowing, and im crew 2. i mow 2 days a week or more if it rains, and then I have a part time guy who does all the rest with me. trying to cut costs, last year i took days off to keep the guys hours up. this year im not making that mistake. it costs way too much. payroll is a huge number.

i know many on here will look at others daily gross numbers. when we make $1000+ a day some may think we're doing great. but at the end of the day after all expenses its really not as great as it may seem. i know guys will think "if only i could make that much a day" id be rich. its a fair comment, but its lacking alot of serious thought. if you business cost the exact same as you made that much a day you'd be great. but, as you make more, your expenses go way up. if your solo or working with one guy under you, you will be much more productive than any employees sent out by themselves. my crew of 2 used to be able to do 3+ lawns an hour. lately they have been in the 2-2.5 per hour range. that is hardly enough to make a living with all the expenses.

so, to answer your question, i didnt get the work i expected and im not taking on any more help without smart growth meaning where the guys are guaranteed to make me more money. i dont want to manage guys simply to give them a check, and not make any more while taking on much more responsibility.

2. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

It was a joke supercuts but if your pissed off with your guys ill replace one for the summer.

3. supercuts

except i was answering swivel.....but, if things look on the up and up ill give you a call

4. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

ok man lol i thought you were answering me y the not hiring part

5. SIWEL

SIWEL LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to meet up with you supercuts, I am right in Middletown

6. supercuts

do you really want to work? let me know

7. supercuts

new to the fleet, last of the good looking trucks. powerstroke, 256K miles but drives like 50K. starts in the cold unlike my 2000 f350. never worked, very very little rust. even the radiator support is fine. hopefully getting a plow for it this week. she is going tobe a backup/part time plow truck. now for the fun part, guess how much i got it for.

leave a guess and ill tell you soon

IMG_1908.jpg

8. supercuts

we try to finish our leaves my the first few days of december, did again this year finishing on the 2nd. then we a few more calls, tried to fit some in....ended up doing it in the snow, something we dont do very often. i cant believe how many guys are still out doing leaves.......i feel for you guys

9. supercuts

here is the picture, finished this day, came home, took the vac off, we were done for the season after we blew a good size hole in the vac. the housing wears out so fast it. this is only the 2nd season since we had it redone

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

10. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe you shouldn't tell them how much you paid for it because you might put it in the 4 sale section for a profit.