Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MIDSOUTH, Nov 19, 2000.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

well i broke down friday and bought a 2001 f250 superduty powerstroke-i love it,i will never buy another pulls my trailer like it is not even back there.i like everything about it-except the payment book-but oh well-that's life.
  2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have been considering the same purchase for about a month....but that paymentbook has kept me away. Found a new 2000 250 powerstoke for $28,000. Very hard to stay away!
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Love mine!
  4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

You guys need to look at the new chevy duramax 300HP and 520 LB FT of torque 25ooHD rated at 9200LBsI think it will give the powerstroke a run for the money.
  5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Purhcased one two weeks ago. Love it. I found a 2000 model and got it for 25K. Hope it last forever.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The Duramax chevy will run away from the powerstroke under any conditions,but getting one will be tough for at least a year,gotta love that Allison transmission.I was just reading this months 4wheeler magazine and the pickup truck of the year contestants were chevy duramax diesel and the new GMC vortec 8100,both with allison 5 spd auto trans.The Duramax beat the 8.1 345hp in every acceleration test they had-it beat out all the other gas powered trucks in that test too.So it seems as if GM has got a good performer finally,I cant believe it spanked the baddest gasser in pickups in empty 0-60 acceleration.Very impressive.
  7. Duncan IN

Duncan IN LawnSite Member

DODGE--Simply the Best
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 Ford Powerstrokes and love em there all F350 4WD's. We have had the local Chevy dealer trying to get us to try the new Duramax Chevy so I did for 3 days. Sorry Dodge, Ford and Chevy are now as close as they can be. I sold our Dodges 3 years ago when Ford wanted us to run there product so we did and it wasnt from anything wrong with dodge's there awsome. Sorry after 3 days with it I wasnt impressed enough to sell our Fords yet to replace. Wait a year or 2 to get the bugs out. Im going to be at the Performance diesel shop next month to run our latest hop ups on the dyno and he said he had 2 Duramaxes come in to be dyno'ed and RWHP was 230hp and tourque was 523LBS which is real close within 10 to 20hp and 20 to 30lbs of all the others. Not bashing them I bet the 2002 Model will have all the bugs worked out and even more ooph. I hope there will be a Duramax when I go down I hear they have a real mean sound to em.

[Edited by landscaper3 on 11-20-2000 at 01:22 AM]
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah real mean sound. They are almost as quiet as a gasser!! This is good. I have buddies with Powersmokes and Cummins and they have to shut off the engine when going thru McDonalds drivethru!! They cant hear you over the clatter!!! Duramax all the way!!

10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

For all intents and purposes they do not yet exist for the general public. Why, I do not understand, as GM has just shut down their full-size and medium-duty truck plants for two weeks due to oversupply.