1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Supervisor/Foreman/Manager Looking For Work (BBA, Lanscape Biz Exp.)

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Canadian GreenScape, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I have since sold my business and finished my business degree, Im looking for work now with a twist, my fiance (a US citizen) are moving to the Charlotte NC area May 2007 and I would like to move there ASAP and get a job with a Landscaping contractor as a foreman/supervisor or any other postion you feel would suit my skill set. Please see attached cover letter and resume. Charlotte NC is my first choice for location but I am flexible. I can produce a portfolio of my work/experience if needed.

Thanks guys, I miss my John Deere toys by the way :)
  2. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

I may have a good lead for you. I can not see your resume, says it is pending approval. PM or respond to this. What kind of experience do you have?
  3. Canadian GreenScape

Hi Tony, I started and ran my own lawn maintainence company for almost 10 years (starting out very small after high school mind you) When I sold it last fall I had around 80 clients, 40/60 commercial/residential and one full time employee and one if things got hectic. It wasen't a huge operation, put myself through university and I enjoyed the work. Ill cut and paste my resume below this. Im sure the formatting will get messed up....

Lloyd Parlee
    15 Davidson Lane
    Apohaqui, New Brunswick

(506) 433-1111

February 7, 2006

Subject: Position as supervisor/manager/foreman of landscaping, lawn, and grounds keeping workers
    Please accept the enclosed resume as application for any available position as supervisor/manager of landscaping, lawn, and grounds keeping workers.
    As my resume outlines, I am a recent graduate of the BBA program at University of New Brunswick with a 3.5 GPA, and have work experience in sales, customer relationship management, and finance. Over the course of running my own landscaping/lawn maintenance business I was responsible for all aspects of planning, as well as day-to-day operations giving me a well rounded understanding of business operations. I enjoy interacting with people and obtain satisfaction from being able to find solutions and meet individuals’ needs. I am not afraid of hard work and am experienced with all types of commercial lawn care equipment.
    I am currently a resident of New Brunswick Canada and would need visa sponsorship to work in the US. I will be marrying a US citizen May 2007 and will be authorized to work in the US through a K1 fiancé visa as of March 2007. If need be I am willing to incur the costs of processing a H1B visa in order to make my application competitive.
    I am interested in meeting with you to discuss this opportunity or any others which exist at your business. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration of my application.
    Lloyd Parlee
    (see below)

15 Davidson Lane
    Apohaqui, NB E5P1A4. Canada
    Phone: (506) 433-1111
    Lloyd Parlee lloyd@eoption.ca

Education - Bachelor of Business Administration
    • Concentration: Electronic Commerce, G.P.A. 3.5
    • Deans List (2000, 2001)

Employment – Small Business Owner Operator………………….……… (1997-2005)
    Greenscape Landscaping
    • Established and developed company from ground up
    • Delivered a range of services to both residential and commercial clients
    • Designed marketing program (website, direct mail, personal cross-selling)
    • Hired and trained employees
    • Interacted directly with clients to solve problems
    • Completed accounting tasks (HST reporting, billing, collecting, financing)

Employment – Ski Instructor…………………………………...…………. (1996-1998)
    Poley Mountain Resorts
    • Instructed both children and adults using correction and encouragement to develop skills
    • Communicated instruction based on age, skill level, personality.

• Experienced with: FrontPage, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Quickbooks.
    • Strong communication and mediation skills in groups or in person
    • Able to conceptualize and deliver ideas
    • Have demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills
    • Able to achieve self-set goals and react to unforeseen circumstances.
    • Researching information and identifying best alternative.
    • Comfortable making presentations to groups.
    • Continuous learner
    • Experienced with commercial lawn equipment (ztrac, c/walk behinds, tractors/loaders)
    • Experienced with managing employees, dealing with clients

Volunteer & Extracurricular
    • Enjoy skiing and other outdoor activities
    • Involved with local church (children’s meetings)
    • Extended free lawn maintenance and snow removal services to those in need
    • Donate regularly to Canadian Red Cross
  4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good to me, wish you were moving about 3-4 hours East to the coast. With your permission I will pass your contact info on.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

6. Canadian GreenScape

Thanks for the links Envy, Ill check them out. I would need visa sponsorship if I came to the US before I got married (its easy to get a green card through my fiance but it has to be within 90 days of our wedding) The whole H1B/H2B process is confusing, if I understand right the visa application quota is full for the first half of 2006, they'll accept more after April 1st for work begining October 1st 06. I have a feeling if thats right that it puts the kibash on move to NC sooner than later.