Suppliers

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DarkLotus, Jul 19, 2006.

1. DarkLotus

DarkLotus LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I was wondering who you suppliers are and what you think of them. How can they improve their service to you? Pricing? Knowledge base? Availability of items, etc. What are the qualities that stand out from your supplier?

Thanks!

2. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

I can by sprinklers, & fittings from anyone. The reason I buy from the supplier I do, is service! I call ahead and my order is ready for me to pick up when I get to the supply house. Or, they'll deliver one fitting if I need it ! SERVICE< SERVICE< SERVICE!

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

That is unbelievable service. Local suppliers around here will deliver that one fitting if is worth either $500 or $1000

4. Hank Reardon

Hank Reardon LawnSite Senior Member

That is horrible. HD Fowler gives us great service and like Beartooth, they'll bring out whatever I need to my job or house/shop, and even knows the compartments in my service truck.

-Russ

5. I think the $500 free delivery charge is a common practice.

I deal primarily with Horizon, since most of the times, the prices for the products I use are better priced, though there are times I go to Ewing or JDL because they only carry a particular item that the others don't.

Oh, the other reason I deal with them is I have my pest control paper work with them already on file. No need to bring a copy of my permit every time I make a chemical purchase.

6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Raleigh NC

Smith Turf & Irrigation my TORO supplier

JDL Rainbird & Hunter

7. bumper

bumper LawnSite Member
    from So. Cal

We have a local outfit supplying us with Rainbird and Toro ...because of our long lasting relationship we have superior discounted prices over Ewing, John Deere and Hydro-Scape. They deliver often 30 miles or more with a minimum of 500.00. I only use Ewing in a pinch or for MP rotators, they are not onboard yet but I am workin it :)

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We have the same supplier. David came out to show us how to install a saddle tee on a hot 8" line when we ordered it, free of charge.

9. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

Ditto, Our supplier will bring us out $30 worth of materials as quickly as they'll bring us out $3000 worth. They are also great at getting me those odd things that you cant find anywhere. Our supplier is Wolf Creek - www.wolfcreekcompany.com

Rob

10. katienpdx

katienpdx LawnSite Member

:D

I am very pleased to hear about the good service you guys are getting from HD Fowler. I am a customer service / counter person at HD Fowler in Hillsboro, Oregon and I feel that I have a good relationship with all of the customer that shop in my branch.

My philosphy of treatment to customers is a pretty basic one.....
    All suppliers have same thing to offer; pvc, cement, heads, valves and so on. What makes a company stand apart from the rest is the way they treat their customers.

Another thing that customers seem to like are the old fashioned ideas and ethics of being truthful. Try to put yourself in the customers shoes.... if you don't know the answer to something, don't lie in an attempt to make yourself look good. Be honest and tell them you don't know, but you can and will find an answer to their problem. Listening is a great tool.

If you are ever in the area, please stop in.

Happy New Year.

Cathy Moseley
    www.hdfowler.com
    cathym@hdfowler.com