suppliers

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by Tim Louis, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Tim Louis

Tim Louis LawnSite Member

Hey Im located in Cambridge Ohio, Do you have any stores nearby. I just ordered a couple of parts for my lawnmower and to say the least I was very unhappy with the service.......honestly i nearly sold my mower the next day. but I still have it for the moment. anyway I ordered four parts totalling about $26.00 and I received the first one in the mail with a $9.00 shipping charge to ship it 100 miles and god knows it only weighed a pound. Wondering where my other three parts were I called who I ordered it from and I was advised that they were on back order and that they would be arriving in two seperate shipments. I advised the woman about my displeasure with the $9.00 shipping charge on the first item and I asked her if i would be getting charged shipping for the other two shipments and she said that of course I would. Well Exmark, Scag, and Gravely do not charge shipping on backordered items so why would Lesco. I cant see paying $27.00 in shipping charges for $26.00 worth of items so needless to say I got into a heated discussion with the lady, was told to call her boss (which i never did), and I cancelled my entire order. My mower is still without the parts, I thought about trying to use Gravely parts because I'm so mad at Lesco right now, but if you have a store nearby i'll pick them up and use $5.00 in gas instead of $30.00 in shipping. Anyway I think I got screwed and I think that the other merchandise should have had free shipping, especially since it was only two springs and a safety cover, which cost less than five dollars combined. Oh well I'm keeping an open mind and I'll give you another shot.

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Tim...

Thanks for bringing up this issue. Please do me a favor and either call me (216/706-5155) or email me personally (rwest@lesco.com) so that we can discuss this issue further and get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Thanks,
    Bob

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see lesco caring about their customers, thats why I only shop at Lesco.